About Gym West
Gym West offers a diverse and dynamic range of programmes to suit children of all ages:
- KinderGym Classes — weekly classes where toddlers and pre-school children can learn-to-move and move-to-learn, with the encouragement of a parent/carer in a safe and structured indoor adventure playground, with coaches skilled in child movement learning.
- Recreational Gymnastics Classes — weekly classes where school-aged boys and girls develop balance, coordination, strength and flexibility, as well as learning the basic skills used in Artistic Gymnastics.
- Competition Gymnastics Training for Girls — rigorous gymnastics training for state level Women's Artistic Gymnastics competitions, on apparatus as seen in the Olympic Games — Floor, Uneven Bars, Vault, Balance Beam.
- Competiton Gymnastics Training for Boys — rigorous gymnastics training for state level Men's Artistic Gymnastics competitions, on apparatus as seen in the Olympic Games — Floor, Rings, Pommel Horse, Horizontal Bars, Vault, Parallel Bars.
The Gym West gymnasium is large & airy, and is stocked with well-maintained competition-class equipment, including a full-sized springy floor. Our coaches are accredited and trained in maintaining child safety during classes.
Check out our Time Table and take advantage of our come-and-try FREE lesson.
Starting your child in KinderGym and Gymnastics, gives them the opportunity to develop:
- Fitness from a young age — during the important years of early bone & muscle growth
- Strength and flexibility — laying an excellent foundation for many other sports
- Increased mental capacity — studies show that stimulation of the balance and spatial orientation system in early childhood helps prepare & develop the brain for higher learning.
Wherever our programmes lead you, we hope that you enjoy your time at GYM WEST.